Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Only 3 More days!!



Only 3 days until I begin to hike the Pacific Crest Trail!! I am beyond anxious all I can think about is sleeping under the stars unscathed by city lights among some of the most amazing landscapes the west has to offer! I need to also recognize that without the help from great friends and family this dream would have never became a reality, Thank you!!I also just got my Journal and running where I will be posting more pictures and such! here it is:/http://postholer.com/journal/viewJournal.php?sid=eef0ef2b46779f654d4a110b2441064e&entry_id=36165


Due to unfortunate changes in plans I appears I may be heading down to the border Solo this Friday but of course Ill make the best of it!! Friday I will head down with my brother (Jeremy) my roommate (Rick) and my friend (Priya) where they are taking a sailing class, from there I will begin to make my way down to San Diego via train, and by bus down to Campo CA, and the southern terminus of the PCT. My first resupply will be around mile 111 in Warner Springs CA, which used to be the home of a hot spring resort that was closed in the recent years. The community of Warner Springs has Graciously come together to make the community center "hiker friendly" by offering showers and a small store with hiking oriented foods. http://www.pcta.org/2012/warner-springs-steps-up-to-help-pct-hikers-6162/ .








Southern Terminus of the PCT







No comments:

Post a Comment